- To be selected, applications must demonstrate measurable business value and transformation, not just IT benefits.
- There is no nomination fee, and a potential awardee can nominate themselves, their customer, organisation, or a partner.
- Hosted by dx⁵ (formerly CIO Africa), a dx100 Award is an acknowledged mark of enterprise excellence in business transformation enabled by IT, enhancing your organisation’s reputation as a leader in its sector.
- A dx100 Award generates positive PR and provides tangible, industrywide recognition of leadership, innovation, and engagement.
- The event will be held on 23 – 25 November 2022. Leadership, innovation, and business strategy conversations will dominate the event. Executives from the winning companies will be recognised by their peers and colleagues at the dx100 Awards ceremony in Diani, Kenya.
The 14th edition of the dx100 Awards (formerly CIO100) will be launched on 8 July 2022. The annual dx100 Awards programme celebrates 100 organisations (and the people within them) using IT in innovative ways to deliver business value, whether by creating competitive advantage, optimising business processes, enabling growth, improving relationships with customers or digitally transforming the business.
Nominations are now open. There is no nomination fee, and a potential awardee can nominate themselves, their organization, a customer, or a partner. To be selected, applications must demonstrate measurable business value, not just IT benefits.
Hosted by dx⁵ (formerly CIO Africa), a dx100 Award is an acknowledged mark of enterprise excellence in business technology, enhancing your organization’s reputation as a leader in its sector. It generates positive PR and provides tangible, companywide recognition of the IT organisation’s hard work and accomplishments.
Applications that focus on the business goals and results of the project or use of technology have a better chance of winning. Applicants must provide data and examples that support their claims of innovation and show exactly how the business value was delivered.
The theme for this year’s awards is Catalysing C-Suite Engagement in Digital Transformation. Kelly Bentley, CEO, dx⁵, said the dx100 Awards is an indispensable event for business and IT leaders across the continent. “Raising awareness about the significant impact of digital transformation and the holistic C-Suite ownership required for its success is critical to sustainable business growth. Working together as a community to facilitate peer-to-peer recognition of the individuals and companies transforming business as usual through digital adoption is key”
Winning applications should include narrative examples or anecdotes that illustrate the results of the project, such as descriptions of how employees work differently, how customers interact with the company in new ways or the impact the project has had on the market.
Organisations with innovative projects may be invited to present at the dx100 Awards Symposium & Awards Ceremony. Harry Hare, the Chairman at dx⁵, shared a brief history of the awards while encouraging top business and IT leaders in Africa to apply for the prestigious awards. “For the last 13 years we have been recognising CIOs and the great work they have been doing in the adoption of technology, now we move wider and deeper and recognize all the C-Suite leaders involved in innovative digital transformation projects across multiple industries. We encourage organisations, big and small, across Africa, to take part in this year’s edition of the awards.”
Anyone may nominate a company or organisation. Applications should be technology-based, focusing on how the organisation has utilised technology to drive business transformation and value. Technology vendors and their PR representatives are also invited to submit nominations, which can be a great way to recognise their customers.
Following the nominations will be an initial review by the dx100 team. The finalists will be chosen, evaluated, and scored by four regional external judges chosen from our panel of more than 20 judges who include industry experts, academics, business executives, and former CIOs. The judging is based solely on the information submitted in the online application.
To be selected for a dx100 Award, you must demonstrate excellence in:
- Digital Innovation: The extent to which your organisation is using IT in a new way or enabled new ways of doing business, whether internally or externally.
- Business Value: The measurable impact backed up by supporting data, that your project or initiative has had on your organisation’s business results. dx100 judges rate each application on the criteria measuring innovation and business value. All individual scores are kept confidential and will not be released publicly, nor will they be discussed with any applicants. The Award categories include Plus One Awards, Industry Awards, and Main Awards. Here are some of the awards:
- Here are some of the awards:
– dx100 CIO of the Year – this is a peer award where CIOs and the judges nominate a CIO or equivalent, one they think has excelled in managing the IT leadership function in an organization.
– dx100 CISO of the Year – this is a peer award where CISOs and the judges nominate a CISO or equivalent, one they think has excelled in leadership, cyber safety, and risk management in an organization.
– dx100 CxO Digital Influencer of the Year – this is a peer award where the CEO, COO, CMO, CHRO, and CFOs are nominated by their IT counterparts and the judges nominate the most influential executive based on involvement, process engagement, and team inclusion.
– dx100 Infrastructure Award – dx100 honours leaders who made their mark with an imposing repertoire of frameworks built to excel. The infrastructure special award will facilitate top IT implementation aimed at maximizing returns from their IT infrastructure.
– dx100 Green Edge Award – dx100 will acknowledge the Master of Technology practices that are sound, sustainable, and eco-friendly. The green edge award will recognize the topmost eco-friendly IT initiative in Africa.
– dx100 Plus One awards / Industry Awards – These are given to the leading company within a specific industry.
Organisations with innovative projects may be invited to present at the dx100 Symposium.
To apply, click on this link and complete the form following the instructions in each question. Give details regarding the project, why it started – the need, what technology was used- the solution, and always highlight the impact.
The dx100 Awards ceremony comes at the tail end of the dx100 Symposium & Awards, a three-day event that is the most powerful pan-African gathering of C-Suite executives. The event will be held on 23 – 25 November 2022. Leadership, innovation, and business strategy conversations will dominate the event. Executives from the winning companies will be recognised by their peers and colleagues at the dx100 Awards ceremony in Diani, Kenya.
For more information on nominations and applications, talk to Melissa Dorsilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to dx100.